How to add a G Suite account on an iPhone or iPad
- Tap to open the Settings app.
- Scroll down, then tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Google.
- The system will display: Settings Wants To Use Google.com To Sign In. This allows the app and website to share information about you. Tap Continue.
- Enter your G Suite email address in the Google Account Sign in screen, then tap Next (Figure B).
7. Enter your G Suite account password, then tap Next. If prompted, approve access with an additional authentication method, such as Google Authenticator, a security key, or Google Smart Lock, among others. In some cases, a G Suite administrator may need to allow access when you sign in on a new device.
8. Review the settings for Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes. Enable the slider for each app to sync data to the device, then tap Save.
9. Wait as the system syncs your selected account data to your device. This can take some time, so you may want to remain in a location where your device has access to a fast internet connection during the initial sync.
10. Optionally, you may want to review iOS system settings after you've added your G Suite account to your device. When you have more than one account configured on your iPhone or iPad, you may select which account serves as your default account for Mail, Calendar, or Contacts:
- Settings | Mail | Default Account, then select default account for email
- Settings | Contacts | Default Account, then select default account for contacts
- Settings | Calendar | Default Calendar, then select default account for events (Figure C)
For example, you can configure Contact app settings to ensure that when you add a new contact, the system adds it to your G Suite account, rather than your iCloud account, by default. Note: In some cases, if you only have one account enabled for a service, the Default Account option will not display.